Re: Outrageous Xenophobia. Was: Outrageous sexism. Was: Re: Mail client, threads, etc...

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 00:34 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> On 11/27/12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 12:27 +0000, Tony van der Hoff
>> >
>> > I made a joke with the contend
>> >
>> > "Men tend to make mistakes, when they are in love with a women"
>> >
>> > this might or might not implement that women are the cause for big
>> > mistakes or it simply does mean some man are stupid.
>> >
>> > This might be or might not be a good or bad joke.
>> >
>> > The serious order to kill humans for you is the same as my joke?
>> >
>> > You need serious help!
>>
>> Perhaps the circumcentre of his world, is not coincident yours..
>
> This isn't a joke, since I'm from Germany and a lot of people really
> were killed by Nazis. Fortunately I was born in 1966 and only my parents
> and grandparents and the parents of my grandparents lived at that time.
> As for many German families there were victims of the Nazis and
> followers in my family, so I know this history not only from books and
> films, but from people who experienced this time.
>
> It's ok to make jokes about this time, but equate banality with serious
> orders to kill people is dangerous.

I'm from Poland and I will tell you that we make this kind of jokes
quite a lot so I didn't
 find it offensive at all (in fact I thought it was quite funny) - as
bad as past events were
it is just that  - past - you can't ever forget it (or the same thing
will happen again) but
we can't brood over it. [we don't have any kind of taboo when it comes
to jokes].

--
darkestkhan
Feel free to CC me.