Re: Outrageous Xenophobia. Was: Outrageous sexism. Was: Re: Mail client, threads, etc...

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 00:34 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 11/27/12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 12:27 +0000, Tony van der Hoff
> >> It is alleged, that a certain German Fuerer added a smiley to the order
> >> to exterminate the Jews, to indicate it was a joke. It was misunderstood.
> >
> > I made a joke with the contend
> >
> > "Men tend to make mistakes, when they are in love with a women"
> >
> > this might or might not implement that women are the cause for big
> > mistakes or it simply does mean some man are stupid.
> >
> > This might be or might not be a good or bad joke.
> >
> > The serious order to kill humans for you is the same as my joke?
> >
> > You need serious help!
>
> Perhaps the circumcentre of his world, is not coincident yours..

This isn't a joke, since I'm from Germany and a lot of people really
were killed by Nazis. Fortunately I was born in 1966 and only my parents
and grandparents and the parents of my grandparents lived at that time.
As for many German families there were victims of the Nazis and
followers in my family, so I know this history not only from books and
films, but from people who experienced this time.

It's ok to make jokes about this time, but equate banality with serious
orders to kill people is dangerous.

I agree that sometimes comparing the Nazis with what happens today is
ok, Godwin's law is stupid, we need to to compare from time to time, but
in this case it's completely sick.