Re: Outrageous sexism. Was: Re: Mail client, threads, etc...

Le Mer 21 novembre 2012 19:12, Brad Rogers a écrit :
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:41:08 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>

> Hello Ralf,
>

>> I'm not sure, if it's really just the language barrier. Coarse humour
>>

> I picked up your intent, but clearly others didn't.  At least one other
> person involved in this rigmarole is not a native English speaker.  As

Usually, French people as I are known to be poor in other languages.
But using a smiley, followed by the mention of the "hopefully it is [...]"
is not really ambiguous.
There are words, but there is also the spirit behind them.

On the other hand, what I have seen in reaction what immediate "ban",
without letting any chance to explain.

So, on one side, there is someone which made an error on reaction of the
phrase "errare humanum est" (I think this situation is quite funny,
speaking about that).
On the other, we have someone which had banned him immediately (or
whatever the word on mailing lists).

I think both made an error. The first one made a joke which was not a good
idea somewhere where you does not know everyone else, and he apologized.
The other just banned him, without trying to understand.

[mylife]
My father have always said me something like "When you argue with someone,
if one got angry, it means he loosed, because he is unable to convince his
opponent that he is true."
I think he is wrong. When someone become angry, everyone loose, because
everyone failed to learn.
But I also think that the one which become angry is the one which loose
the more things:
_ he was not able to learn
_ he was not able to teach
_ he loosed 5 minutes of life ;)
[/mylife]

Seriously... I like doing jokes on girls. But I have nothing against jokes
on men. Both kinds of jokes makes fun of half the humanity. but humans are
able to laugh, and this is a very important thing. This is why those jokes
where made first.
Like jokes we french guys make on belgium peoples. They have also some on
us, french. And when we are together, we use them to make fun of others,
but also of us.
And there is no lack of respect there (I could say whatever I want on
them, the really make some very good beers, and I can only respect them
for that :P)