Re: how to encrypt/decrypt remote folder ?

On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 11:05 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 09:58 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:52:44AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > > If I type "encfs vs" into Google I get:
> >
> > Honestly, doing a basic google search and splurging the results
> > into a mailing list post helps nobody. If you don't have personal
> > experience of solving the problem, don't post.
>
> But it leaded to --stdinpass, the same result somebody else posted. So
> if I post it it's bad and if somebody else does post the same it's ok?
>
> Wow, what a funny list.
>
> Ok now I know making a little harmless joke is forbidden and
> brainstorming too.
>
> Anything else forbidden or unwanted that's not written in the policy for
> this list?

I nearly forgot, if I e.g. have knowledge, e.g. about systemd and the
polkit issue, I shouldn't write about it, if somebody else with outdated
knowledge thinks he knows it better. Same for audio.

This list becomes more and more grotesque.

There's more noise about top posting, HTLM posting, bad hidden email
headers, not to do brainstorming, not to answer if you have more
knowledge, not making a joke etc., than about Debian Linux.

I nearly forgot too,

a newbie shouldn't ask newbie questions, but read what a smart question
is.

Anything else?