how to encrypt/decrypt remote folder ?

Dear All,

I am interested to know about folder encryption technology available
in Linux for remote backup purpose.

Let me clarify. I do my daily backup through ssh+rsync to a remote server.
It is quite fast because of rsync. On the remote box all the backups are
stored inside a folder. How can I encrypt that folder ? In that case,
I have to first decrypt the folder before doing rsync and then again encrypt.
Can I use any fuse based technology to achieve this ?
encfs+fuse is good but propt for the password, any option to provide password
through file ?

Any clue/suggestion is very much welcome.

Thanks