Re: Outrageous sexism

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I guess I'll unsubscribe. IMO it became ridiculous. I wasn't
> over-careful, IMO that's all.

Wait, don't go! ;-) Here at the European side of the Atlantic, jokes
about women as wel as men are very common, they are utterly harmless
and no one takes them seriously.

My observation is that they are completely misunderstood in other parts
of the world. It most certainly was not meant to be insulting to groups
of people. I guess transatlantic cultural differences are at stake here.

I'm surprised that so much fuss is made about this. To anyone who feels
insulted, I can say that there is no need for that. Ralf had nothing
but good intentions.