Re: need how to for debian 6 with postfix

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM, mouss <mouss@ml.netoyen.net> wrote:
> Le 18/11/2012 08:52, Muhammad Yousuf Khan a écrit :
>> this is ubuntu's official doc.
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixDovecotSASL#Installation
>> i also followed this but no help at all. still i can send messages
>> with out authentication.
>>

> wait!
> if you mean sending mail using a command line on the same box (for
> exampl, by running the sendmail command), then yes, this is normal.
>
> you need to try with an smtp client (thunderbird and the like).
>
> PS. you already asked on the postfix-users list, and that's the right
> place since your issue is not specific to Debian. so let's keep the
> discussion there!

i wanted to discuss things there. but the configuration help and tips
people giving me there. i already went though by it and with not luck.
so i thought i might be mistaking somewhere due to platform
difference. therefore i am here to ask about howto specifically for
the Debian squeeze. so no confusion will left in my mind about the
version and platform.

Thanks.