Re: need how to for debian 6 with postfix

Le 17/11/2012 18:29, Muhammad Yousuf Khan a écrit :
> i am using  debian 6. i need a howto for debian 6 + dovecot +
> smtp-auth + maildir feature (never mind if dovecot SASL or traditional
> SAS)
>
> actually when i try google with these words. i found lots and lots of
> material and even i tried so many howtos but  so far i can play all
> aroundr with relay, maildir every thing working great however one
> thing making  my life living hell and that is smtp-auth which doesnot
> work for me.
>
> smtp-authenticaltion. what i want is instead of putting my network in
> "mynetwork" i want
> every users whether inside user or any one from outside can always
> send email but with password authentication. i dont wana restrict user
> by subnet or IP but via user authentication.
>
> i have read ispmail but that howto is on mysql and i want maildir. so
> please help.
>

> i tried many configs but failed
>
> no matter what i do my clients are not authenticating. they can relay
> anonymously.

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_dovecot
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_sasl_enable

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes

#only localhost can relay via us without authentication
mynetworks = 127.0.0.1

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
	#allow relay for authenticated users:
	permit_sasl_authenticated
	#allow relay for IPs in mynetworks
	permit_mynetworks
	# deny relay otherwise
	reject_unauth_destination

then reload postfix and try

telnet localhost 25
EHLO testme
QUIT

after the EHLO command, you should see two lines tarting with 220-AUTH

note 1: comment out the submission service in master.cf and configure
your mail clients to use port 587 (the standard submission port). this
way you separate "submitted" mail traffic from the rest.

note 2: the next step for configure TLS and only allow authentication
for TLS protected sessions:
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

see
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html

> so i dont wana paste my config but what wanna do is to reconfigure it
> one more time with the help of some experience people who can suggest
> me a working howto.

you can paste the output of
postconf -n
one pastebin or the like and send the URL. (note the '-n' in the
command: this will show locally modified parameters only).