Re: Can grub2 1.99-23 support /boot inside LVM ?

On 06/11/2012 14:22, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
On 06/11/2012 08:47, Gour wrote:
On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:55:40 +0530
"J. B"<bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:

Can I go for completely encrypted disk now, i.e. /boot inside the LVM
? Has any one checked ? Please share your findings.

Don't know about encryption, but I use wheezy (installed few days ago)
on a system withoput /boot, using LVM on top of raid-1.

Sincerely,
Gour

Hi Gour,

it can work, I run a lvm on luks setup on a laptop with everything
inside the lvm, the system is (k)ubuntu. Wheezy should have all required
components to run this kind of setup, I just didn't have time to try
yet.

Follow-up, in wheezy/Sid grub version 2 from experimental or self-compiled from bzr grub repository is needed to achieve the desired result.
With the experimental version it does work with lvm on luks.