Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 15:22 -0400, Wally Lepore wrote:

>> > Do you really need LVM?
>>
>> I have partitioned drives n the past (using windows). Not a big deal.
>> Easy enough for sure. LVM intrigued me and I wanted to learn. The
>> logical volumes can be size adjusted (if need be) all while the
>> computer is live! That's a good thing to have. That's all. :-).
>
> I learned to use LVM on a virtual machine and I never ever will use it
> outside a virtual machine.

Why Ralf?

> I don't see any advantage using LVM, but tons of drawbacks.

What are the drawbacks? Any links? I can google this i'm sure but I've
read all good things about LVM. I have no experience thus I can't
really give an opinion either way. I'm just beginning to work with it.

Thank Ralf