Re: Another OT: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> I won't confuse you Wally, or spread FUD, using the default GRUB seems
> to be the best way for a beginner, because it's the default boot loader
> for most distros.
>
> Personally I prefer GRUB legacy, the outdated, completely different
> predecessor of the current GRUB. IMO it's much easier to use. Many
> experienced users didn't switch back to GRUB legacy, as I did, but
> switched to Syslinux.
>
> You shouldn't take care about other bootloaders at the moment. If you
> should stay with Linux, you might have needs that make your live easier,
> if you're using another bootloader in the future.

Hi Ralf,

That's good to know. Thank you. You are very helpful. I will stay with
Linux (of course). I'm just trying to find my way around as a
beginner. I'm not looking to upgrade to anything right now although
your background supplied on GRUB was very interesting to read and
understand.

I'm just looking to learn the tools that installed with the debian
distro. After I master them then I will consider moving on to other
tools, desktops whatever (if it ever decide). But that's way off in
the future ;-)

Appreciate the concern and help.

Be well
Wally