Re: Debian Small CD install "netinst.iso"

On 8 October 2012 15:37, Wally Lepore <wallylepore@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then install it!  As one paranoid to another, you really have nothing to lose.
>
> Ok, got it!  I'm good to go!

:-)

>> BEFORE DOING ANYTHING AT ALL MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR
>> WINDOWS DRIVE WELL BACKED UP.
>
> Done!  I'm good to go Lisi.  Good to go!

:-))

>> Sorry to shout, but you don't seem to have taken that in!!  Your
>> Windows drive is precious to you.  You need to have a good backup at
>> all times.  What if your drive dies?  You are not paranoid enough
>> about this!!
>

> Thank you for this most important warning. Its always good to make
> sure it sinks in! It's all taken care of. I'm good to go!
>

>> Install it!!
>>
>> Good luck,
>

> Ok,  I'm good to go.  I'm good to go!

That's good news!

> BTW,  I noticed you replied to this post off-list.

Oh, dear.  I struggle rather with Gmail, which is hopefully only temporary.

> I actually posted
> some off-list replies to the list to keep the chain of events in
> order. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that but my last post I emailed
> to you (on-list) asked questions that you answered here. I just want
> to be sure that the question/answer cycle is complete for other newbie
> installers who read the thread.

Thank you.  That is very helpful.

> I'll reply off-list in the future to all off-lists emails. I'm fairly
> new to this mailing list stuff as well and keep forgetting to
> "reply-all" when responding. I used to work in MS Outlook express for
> my mail prior to moving to gmail. Outlook express replied "to all"
> automatically when I responded. Gmail does not automatically do this
> which is probably better. Gmail just takes some getting used to.

You can say that again!

> If you can kindly 'add' the reply you sent me today to the user-list
> (to complete the thread) I would appreciate it.

I'll try.  My previous errors do not suggest that my attempts will
necessarily be successful!

> Perhaps a shortened
> version to save you time. If you want me to add the reply just let me
> know. I'm installing Debian and have no further pre-install questions
> unless of course something happens that requires help. In that case I
> will have started a new thread (different topic).
>
> Lisi, thanks for your patience and help.

You're very welcome.  let us (or anyhow me!) know how you get on.

Lisi

Sorry all.  Untrimmed at the bottom here because I am cack-handed at
all things Gmail. :-(