Re: Debian Small CD install "netinst.iso"

> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote: (On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM),
>
> You will have a good idea what to expect after reading Chapter 6 of the
> guide. You will also have prepared for the possible need for firmware by
> unzipping the file you get from
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/
>
> to a USB stick after reading Section 2.2.
>
> You might want to take up the offer at the partitioning stage of doing
> it manually. One large partition and a GB or two of swap space would
> suit many people.

Hi Brian,

Yes I am studying and reading Chapter 6. That link you sent me
above...is that for the LiveCD that test my hardware for firmware?

I never burned anything to a USB stick. Reading section 2.2 should be
a real education. I read in the past that burning iso images to a USB
can destroy the USB stick. It's just what I've read but I have no
experience performing this procedure as of yet.

Reading section 2.2 now. Thanks Brian.