Re: Debian Small CD install "netinst.iso"

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> You will have a good idea what to expect after reading Chapter 6 of the
> guide.

Hi Brian

Chapter 6 discusses using the Debian Installer. I am not utilizing the
installer. I downloaded the netinst.iso file. Is there a difference?

Here is the link that describes the netinst file that I downloaded.
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

>  You will also have prepared for the possible need for firmware by
> unzipping the file you get from
>
>    http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/
>
> to a USB stick after reading Section 2.2.

I'm not understanding please. Do I download the .zip file you
suggested and run that from the USB stick and that alone will tell me
if any firmware is needed for my system prior to running the netinst
CD I created?

Appreciate the help in getting Debian installed.