Re: boot freeze when wifi is not in the same state than before hibernation

Le Lun 10 septembre 2012 16:46, Camaleón a écrit :
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:26:13 +0200, Morel Bérenger wrote:
>

>> Le Ven 7 septembre 2012 16:11, Camaleón a écrit :
>>

> (...)

>>> Interesting... and have you tried by toggling on/off the card by
>>> command line? Maybe what triggers the freeze after resuming is the
>>> physical switch for enabling/disabling the wifi.

>>> Look at the "man pm-suspend" and more specifically at the
>>> configuration variables section ("suspend_modules" and/or
>>> "hook_blacklist").
>>>

>> I do not really see how to use command-line before the moment I have
>> wrote #pm-hibernate and the moment where my computer reboot? Except the
>> physical switch, I have no way to control the wifi between those
>> moments.
>
> Is the computer not accesible via ssh, I mean, from another system? You
> can connect an ethernet cable and try to access from there. Once in, you
> can run the commands to engage the wireless card (by means of "rfkill
> unblock <wifi>").
>
>> I am looking for the suspend_modules options, but I am not really
>> comfortable with modules... they are a part of linux I did not had enough
>> time to dig, actually (as for all kernel stuff, video configuration, and
>> sysVinit scripts, I have some fear to go too deep)
>
> You don't have to do anything special other that telling "pm-suspend" to
> unload the wireless kernel module when going to sleep :-)
>
> Greetings,
>

> --
> Camaleón
>

> --

I do not think it is possible to access a computer which is in hibernation
state?
I use pm-hibernate, not pm-suspend, so the computer is really shutdown.
More interesting is the fact that when I connect to that computer, I more
often use the wi-fi itself ;) I do not have enough ethernet cables at home
so...

For the module thing, the only information I have found in the man is the
name of the variable (which you gave me anyway), nothing about file syntax
(and, of course, no sample is present) so I think I'll dig when I'll be at
home. I'll need some time to have my brain upgrade correctly :)
Sometimes I do not like man pages...