Re: boot freeze when wifi is not in the same state than before hibernation

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 19:38:07 +0200, berenger.morel wrote:

> Le 06.09.2012 16:18, Camaleón a écrit :
>> On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:13:55 +0200, berenger.morel wrote:
>>
>>> When I change the state of wifi between a #pm-hibernate and a power
>>> on,
>>> my computer freeze.
>>>
>>> Is there is a way to avoid that freeze?
>>
>> If you have determined the problem happens when wireless driver thaws
>> from hibernation, you can instruct your wifi card to do not hibernate.
>> But that's a workaround, I would be more interested in solving the
>> underlying problem :-)
>
> I am not sure that this will work, because if I do not enable/disable
> the wifi card between the start of hibernation process and the moment
> where everything is fully recovered, there are no problems.

Interesting... and have you tried by toggling on/off the card by command
line? Maybe what triggers the freeze after resuming is the physical
switch for enabling/disabling the wifi.

> However, just a workaround could be interesting, but I do not know how
> to instruct the wifi card to not hibernate...

Look at the "man pm-suspend" and more specifically at the configuration
variables section ("suspend_modules" and/or "hook_blacklist").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón