Re: boot freeze when wifi is not in the same state than before hibernation

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:26:13 +0200, Morel Bérenger wrote:

> Le Ven 7 septembre 2012 16:11, Camaleón a écrit :

(...)

>>> I am not sure that this will work, because if I do not enable/disable
>>> the wifi card between the start of hibernation process and the moment
>>> where everything is fully recovered, there are no problems.
>>
>> Interesting... and have you tried by toggling on/off the card by
>> command line? Maybe what triggers the freeze after resuming is the
>> physical switch for enabling/disabling the wifi.
>>
>>> However, just a workaround could be interesting, but I do not know how
>>> to instruct the wifi card to not hibernate...
>>
>> Look at the "man pm-suspend" and more specifically at the configuration
>> variables section ("suspend_modules" and/or "hook_blacklist").
>>
> I do not really see how to use command-line before the moment I have
> wrote #pm-hibernate and the moment where my computer reboot? Except the
> physical switch, I have no way to control the wifi between those
> moments.

Is the computer not accesible via ssh, I mean, from another system? You
can connect an ethernet cable and try to access from there. Once in, you
can run the commands to engage the wireless card (by means of "rfkill
unblock <wifi>").

> I am looking for the suspend_modules options, but I am not really
> comfortable with modules... they are a part of linux I did not had
> enough time to dig, actually (as for all kernel stuff, video
> configuration, and sysVinit scripts, I have some fear to go too deep)

You don't have to do anything special other that telling "pm-suspend" to
unload the wireless kernel module when going to sleep :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón