Re: [OT] Re: New Mainboard.

On 2012-08-22 17:03, Camaleón wrote:
> Asus used to be in my list but since my good P2B-S and CUV4X (both for
> Pentium III) I've only read but problems and issues with their new boards
> and Linux. You know, all that fancy "turbo-mega-hyper-silent-green-dual-
> bios-fast-recovery" stuff that can indeed work fine when you load the
> Windows drivers ;-P

I have not only read about, I also tested. This is my setup, and it
works perfectly:

- Asus board (with UEFI and BIOS mode)
- SSD with GPT
- installed Debian as usual with grub-pc
- no special EFI boot partition or whatever

Boots perfectly in BIOS mode.

I tried about 5 variants of installing Debian with UEFI on it, without
success. Ubuntu on the other hand installed in a few minutes with UEFI,
is part of the installer and a walk in the park. Debian is not there yet.

In the end I went for BIOS mode because I wanted Debian and the boot
time is great. There is no benefit in UEFI when it comes to boot times,
at least not for the regular single/multi boot user.

Just my 2c.

ändu