Re: [OT] Re: New Mainboard.

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:55:01 -0700, Weaver wrote:

>> On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 04:56:58 -0700, Weaver wrote:
(...)
>>> I need recommendations on Micro-ATX boards that will work in with that
>>> context.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> I'd look for either MSI or Gigabyte boards as both brands do high
>> quality products. And I would also choose a solution with integrated
>> VGA (ATI) to keep the case as clean and organized as possible with the
>> less cables and cooling fans as I can (less coolers, less dust :-P).
>> Also, I would look for a BIOS (non UEFI) product.
>
> Yes.
> This last I have been trying to do, but the large manufacturers seem to
> be somewhat shy about listing what BIOS is available on each board these
> days.

Agree, manufacturers are hidding these "advanced specs" (sigh...) to the
users so when you find a board of you liking, just directly ask them
about this.

> I usually go for ASUS, but their site is a nightmare to navigate,
> compared to how it used to be.

Asus used to be in my list but since my good P2B-S and CUV4X (both for
Pentium III) I've only read but problems and issues with their new boards
and Linux. You know, all that fancy "turbo-mega-hyper-silent-green-dual-
bios-fast-recovery" stuff that can indeed work fine when you load the
Windows drivers ;-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón