Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 14:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> Why not? If that's what people wants (let users decice!). There are
> other options, of course.

By upstream GNOME3 force to install pulseaudio, when I upgraded once
upon a time, GNOME2 became GNOME3 and pulseaudio had broken my Debian.
Than I got rid of pulseaudio, but GNOME3 has broken the common audio
workflow, the workflow audio engineers are accustomed by using Apple,
Microsoft and Linux.

GNOME3 isn't a successor of GNOME2, Xfce is much closer to GNOME2.

Regards,
Ralf