Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:35:44 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Wed 08 Aug 2012 at 16:23:28 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Subject says it all.
>
> How can this be [OT]? It's about Debian. It concerns Wheezy. And the
> installer is involved, too.

I tagged as OT because the scope (chit-chat) is out of the technical
issues expected here. And it concerns Jessie, not Wheezy (please, don't
scare me! ;-) )

>> I ask because I've read this from two different sources¹ now (the other
>> magazine is written in Spanish), so is this true?
>>
>> I could only find this mailing list thread² as the official reference
>> but from the comments on there it does not look like a final decision
>> has been taken yet on the proposed change and this is a rather big
>> diversion from the usual default to be passed so inadvertently to the
>> users (yes, plain users do not read "debian-devel" ;-P).
>
> The decision

So you think is it a firm decision? :-?

> could possibly be reversed if someone could find and implement a way of
> getting the GNOME task on CD-1.

I wonder what the other linux distributions are doing in this regard,
what the GNOME teams (Debian and upstream) think about it and what other
desktop environments can be also considered as good options to be used
for the default.

I'm afraid there are many questions over the table.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón