Re: [OT] Intellectual Property Law

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 21:36 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Ralf writes:
> > If you're on work and you've got the idea how to improve something
> > regarding to your job, than you're the copyright holder (it's your
> > intelectual property), but you're not the owner.
>
> Are you talking about copyright or patent?  USA law treats the two quite
> differently.

That's a good question. "Yours" and "my" law (I guess you understand the
"") might differ.  In Germany (AFAIK) intellectual property is (=)
copyright, but the http://www.dict.cc/?s=verwertung has nothing to do
with it. Some asshole by law is allowed to forbid to share your
knowledge, your intellectual property and at the same time he's allowed
to make tons of money with your idea, while you're still the owner of
the intellectual property, you don't have the right to get enough to
(money) eat.

If I'm mistaken, tell me what to do ;), assumed I know what I'm talking
about and I which to change the situation for some people, including
myself.

Perhaps it's to late, some thieve had the money to own the patent of
your, my idea.

I'm not interested in fame, money etc. I wish that nobody on this planet
has to die of hunger. Regarding to this I'm not altruistic, I'm selfish,
it's easier for me, if my neighbor has not to suffer.