Re: Something about netiquette Re: systemd

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 20:13 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>>
>> I have one computer running Debian Sid + systemd + pulseaudio without
>> any problems.
>
> In Germany it was common to test Linux with Suse, today most
> people in Germany use Ubuntu to test Linux. On most machines neither
> Suse, nor Ubuntu will start after installing it, the same people have no
> issues to install Windows, to maintain Windows and even to program
> applications for Windows. I don't know what they made wrong, when they
> installed Suse and Ubuntu, but I know that if Linux once is running,
> they run into issues with e.g. pulseaudio and of course X.

Somehow, I find your claim that neither OpenSUSE nor Ubuntu will start
being installed "on most machines" difficult to believe...

My personal experience is that Ubuntu boots and performs well,
including PA, on the three laptops (mine and my parents') on which
I've installed it.