Re: Something about netiquette Re: systemd

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 20:13 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> On 05.08.2012 15:20, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > You know why so many people don't use Linux? Linux doesn't run for
> > most "stupid" users, but Windows does. It's stuff like pulseaudio
> > that is the showstopper.
>
> I have understood that the problem with most basic users is that most
> of (commercial) computer games are made for Windows. How many games
> made for Linux have you seen at some store?

I don't take care for computer games. I don't know anybody in my age who
could answer your question.

> I have one computer running Debian Sid + systemd + pulseaudio without
> any problems.

I'm serious, AFAIK I only know users that completely are uninterested in
games. In Germany it was common to test Linux with Suse, today most
people in Germany use Ubuntu to test Linux. On most machines neither
Suse, nor Ubuntu will start after installing it, the same people have no
issues to install Windows, to maintain Windows and even to program
applications for Windows. I don't know what they made wrong, when they
installed Suse and Ubuntu, but I know that if Linux once is running,
they run into issues with e.g. pulseaudio and of course X.

Regards,
Ralf