Re: Filezilla a security risk

Hello Camaleón,

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:45:08 +0200, Denis Witt wrote:
> > I like how MacOS handle this, nearly every application designed for
> > MacOS is using the built in Keychain. Of course, if the keychain tool
> > isn't secure this is a big problem.
>
> That's similar to what GNOME keyring does and you can also use an
> unsecure keyring by removing the passsord and exposing the stored
> credentials as plain text but of course, that's up to the user and how he/
> she wants to manage the login information.

And if FileZilla wanted to make use of this possibility, they had to
(let me check the list of supported platforms):

- Support the Gnome keyring
- Support KWallet (KDE)
- Support this MacOS thingy
- Think about something for Windows

and someone would still decide that their favourite environment™ is
missing and complain about FileZilla being a security problem.

Sure, all that can be done, but it is certainly not the job of an
application to secure user data, that’s the job of the OS.

Best regards,

Claudius

--
You should go home.