Re: Filezilla a security risk

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:48:27 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

> On 2012-06-28 16:45, Camaleón wrote:
>>> 1. encryption: that's the file system's job
>>
>> True.
>
> Hm? You mean partition encryption?

What? :-?

> It won't help much if the malware is running with file owner's uid... or
> even if the system is booted at all (if you e.g. encrypt just /home).

I don't know what you mean... "Encryption" (of the user credentials, I
understand) is what Filezilla developers think is something that has to
come from the OS and the file system capabilities. And that's true, in
linux systems there are POSIX permissions you can use to prevent your
files being accessed by others.

If your account is hosed, well, go to their second argument: "2. don't
get the malware in the first place" ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón