Filezilla a security risk

I've just learned Filezilla is a security risk.  It stores saved
passwords and the last used password in a plain text file.

Malware commonly scoops up this info and hacks web sites
or shell accounts.

The developer refuses to incorporate a solution
such as master password and encryption into filezilla.

His responses in numerous bug reports and feature requests are:

1. encryption: that's the file system's job
2. don't get the malware in the first place

In my opinion, people should avoid filezilla.