Re: Filezilla a security risk

On 29/06/12 21:28, Denis Witt wrote:
On 29.06.2012 03:16, Richard Hector wrote:

> If your account is hosed, well, go to their second argument: "2.
> don't get the malware in the first place" ;-)
Great Argument, btw. Oh, I got an Airbag on my car, get rid of the
brakes please. I don't need them anymore.

That's the wrong way round. I have brakes and drive safely, so an airbag
isn't essential. Which isn't to say I'd get it removed if I had one.

Maybe, seat belts are also not essential, but in many countries the
usage is mandatory, for a good reason.

Agreed. And airbags may become compulsory too. As long as they're well engineered, of course; having explosives go off during a crash needs to be managed carefully.

But the question is one of priority. Avoiding crashing (good/adequate brakes, tyres, suspension, roads etc etc) should come before saving you if you do (seatbelts, airbags, ambulances etc etc). It's always a good idea to have both types, of course, because preventative measures are unlikely to ever be perfect.

Richard