Problem with Disk test

I was wondering if someone could maybe shed some light on a problem I
am having.  I have build a Debian Squeeze server using debootstrap
with and without backports.  When I run badblocks from the installed
system I keep getting errors but when I run it from the Live CD
nothing.  Could I have missed a package in my install?  Any other
ideas on what's happening?  (This is the only system out of 5 that
this is happening on.  All the others where built the same way. )

Thanks
--
Shane D. Johnson
IT Administrator