Re: need help configuring debian-6.05 with DNS

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:59:27 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> Hold on!  on ethic's /etc/host's file I had the *wrong* IP.  "deb" is my
> to-be new Linux server with 10.47.0.115 as its internal IP. Now I can
> ping and dig and nslookup the computer *correctly*.  This is
> outstanding.

A bad step for someone who is planning to setup a server.

> The next thing is to get mail on "deb";  how do I do that?

(...)

You can start by calling Debian using all its words (to avoid
misinterpretations with "deb" that can be taken for something different)
and opening a new thread for a new problem ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón