Re: Filezilla a security risk

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:36:16 +0100, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Really? I'm far more concerned about my credentials for foreign sites
>>> than I am for any other information I store locally.
>>
>> Yes, really.
>>
>> The information I can store in my systems are by far more important
>> than the passwords for my FTP sites. In the end, it only affects the
>> FTP credentials, nor databases, nor root accounts... because you aren't
>> login as root for your FTP sessions, right? >;-)

> My root credentials for my local machine aren't stored in plaintext.

I did not mean that. I mean login to your FTP server as "root" (and not
as plain user) which is different thing and of course should be avoided.

> And if the local machine is compromised, the critical threat is its use
> as a zombie, not any info that's on it.

You sure? Being a zombie could be even funny, sending spam and infected e-
mails to windows users, kinda "justice and divine revenge", he, he... :-)

> There simply isn't any confidential data.

Lucky you that don't have to worry for that.

> Sent from my iPhone

I hope you also care for the data stored in your cell phone >:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón