Re: Filezilla a security risk

On 29/06/12 15:36, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
> My root credentials for my local machine aren't stored in plaintext.
> And if the local machine is compromised, the critical threat is its
> use as a zombie, not any info that's on it. There simply isn't any
> confidential data.

But the reason for that is that your root password is encrypted using
one-way encryption.  It cannot be decrypted.

But, the result of it being encrypted is compared to the result of the
password you log in with (as root) being encrypted ... if the two match,
that's good enough for PAM, etc.

Obviously, for FZ, you need two-way encryption/decryption.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but I've been told I'm good at that ;)

--
Steve Dowe

Warp Universal Limited
http://warp2.me/sd