Re: Update overwrote my settings

El 2012-06-23 a las 12:09 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 23.06.2012 11:41, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:05:09 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
>> Hi Camaleon,
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I am running debian testing, Sadly to tell, that my latest KDE update
>>> did overwrite my personal setting in kde. This included the following
>>> things:

>> In addition to ask here, consider posting in debian-kde where Debian kde
>> users land:
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/
> Good hint, thanks!

The more KDE users can read from your comments the more chances for you
to get useful feedback :-)

>> I've seen these kind of things from time time also in GNOME when using
>> testing. For instance, N-M loses the password for the AP and I have to
>> retype it again or the desktop background that returns to the default
>> while I have a solid color set... but I don't tend to report these
>> things, they are annoying but nothing serious (like would be
>> dissapearing e-mails or your own files, for instance). (...) Well,
>> remember you're on "testing" :-P Greetings,
>
> Hmm, I am running debian now for many years, and it was the very first
> time, I got this issue (except when major changes were done, like
> changing fron kde2 to kde3 to kde4 for example).

Maybe KDE is more stable than GNOME in this regard :-?

> And of course, I realized it is testing! Especially as it IS testing, I
> sent my mail: to notice and prevent this thing before it is getting
> unnoticed into stable! :)

And no one can bite you for that...

> It will also be a little hint, to keep people alerted, before they
> update (i.e. in environments, where many people are working like
> enterprise environments or similar).

... but then it would be better that you list the updated packages so
others can compare or choose whether if update them now or wait for a bit
;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón