Re: Update overwrote my settings

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:05:09 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am running debian testing, Sadly to tell, that my latest KDE update
> did overwrite my personal setting in kde. This included the following
> things:

In addition to ask here, consider posting in debian-kde where Debian kde
users land:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/

> - wallpaper was set to standard
>
> - all widgets were gone and had to reactivate manually (although, they
> were shown as installed)
>
> - icon size in taskbar is changed to big (48) and cannot decreased any
> more
>
> - powerdevil: option profiles disappeared (I already sent a bugreport
> for this)

I've seen these kind of things from time time also in GNOME when using
testing. For instance, N-M loses the password for the AP and I have to
retype it again or the desktop background that returns to the default
while I have a solid color set... but I don't tend to report these
things, they are annoying but nothing serious (like would be dissapearing
e-mails or your own files, for instance).

> I suppose, this should not happen, as one of debians rules is, never to
> change personal settings. I suppose, this is a bug! I would be happy to
> file a bugreport, but I do not know, what is responsible for it. I
> guess, it is the packagers team, but I cannot prove.

(...)

Well, remember you're on "testing" :-P

Greetings,

--