Re: fonts used by evince

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:58:04 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Fri 22 Jun 2012 at 17:42:26 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > I wonder whether it is. His has "Copyright URW Software, Copyright
>> > 1997 by URW" in the file.
>>
>> What file? You mean the .ttf font? :-?
>
> Of course.
>
>> When I open "symbol.ttf" from MC I see "The Monotype Corporation
>> plc/Time Solutions Inc. 1990-1992. All Rights ReservedSymbolRegular...
>> blah, blah"
>
> You have a different file from Paul then.

Yes, that's what I said. We've got a problem with the same font
(symbol.ttf) but the file comes from a different "manufacturer", so to
speak.

>> > This font is menace on a Debian system. As both of you have found out
>> > it needs to be put somewhere where fontconfig does not look.
>> > Examining it with fontforge reveals the unicode values for the glyphs
>> > are incorrect. Not that the GPL version of the same font in wine has
>> > anything to boast about - it too suffers from an identical defect.
>>
>> Well, as I already explained, the same TrueType font works well in
>> Wheezy so to my eyes is not the font that is a menace but a bug located
>> elsewhere in both Squeeze and Lenny :-)
>
> Where can we download this file to test?

I'm using the Symbol TrueType font that came by default along with
Windows XP¹, I can send you the file if you want to play with it.

¹http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm

Greetings,

--
Camaleón