Re: fonts used by evince

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:14:09 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Mon 11 Jun 2012 at 17:57:32 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that the Symbol font itself has some sort of problem:
>> when it is referenced (linked) it's badly rendered, when embedded is
>> named as SymbolMT... Mmm...
>
> As I have described I have no problem seeing the pdf as its maker
> intended.

Neither I have it in wheezy but in lenny the two sample PDF files render
with the wrong character. In both systems I have "symbol.ttf" installed
under the same path ("/usr/local/share/fonts/*.ttf").

> The only fonts on the system being used are the X11 fonts, freefont and
> dejavu (both ttf) and gsfonts. So the Symbol font files from gsfonts
> have no problem with the pdf.

Neither I have it in Lenny with stock fonts.

I mean, moving "symbol.ttf" to a different place so it's not detected by
the system makes PDFs appear okay. That means there has to be a problem
with fontconfig or freetype packages in lenny and this specific truetype
font as the others don't present this problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón