Re: wordpress/apache

Glenn English <ghe@slsware.com> wrote:
> Then the problem became that setup-mysql hurled because it couldn't
> ping interface.slsware.com, the server WP is on. All it could get to
> was the 1918 DMZ net IP -- like it's supposed to. A secondary IP on
> eth0 fixed that, and it seems to be running now.

I think an entry in /etc/hosts would have been my choice, but I can see
that a secondary IP would work pretty well. What about putting it on lo
rather than eth0, though?

> WordPress is *not* trivial to set up, as it advertises. Not from the
> Debian package and trying for some security, anyway.

It was (a little) easier from the "official" tarball. But how secure
the resulting installation is, I don't know. At least it's still only
on my laptop  ;-)

Chris