wordpress/apache

I've been trying to get WordPress running for several days. I've
tried several install tutorials from the 'Net, but I haven't been
able to see WP. I think I've got my Apache2 configured wrong, and
I ask for help.

I've installed the squeeze Apache, PHP, MySQL, and Wordpress
packages and there's nothing there when I point a browser at it.
If I create a PHP file named info.php (with the phpinfo() call in
it) and put it in /var/www, I see the PHP info. I think I need
something to get Apache to run the index.php (and its friends)
file in /usr/share/wordpress. How do I do this?

--
Glenn English
hand-wrapped from my Apple Mail