Re: 83 key IBM model m XT keyboard with Debian?

On 06/18/2012 07:17 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* On 2012 17 Jun 22:41 -0500, Doug wrote:
A keyboard that holds a reasonable second place was called a "2000"--I don't
know who made it, bet we had them at work, back in the 90s. They didn't make
as much noise as the model M, but the touch was almost as good.
Was that the Northgate model?  It had the F keys both on the left side
and along the top.  I bought one in the early '90s until one of the key
switches burned out and it became junk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northgate_Computers

No model 2000 was mentioned.  Seems they may have had a computer with
that model designation in the late '80s, but my memory is foggy...

- Nate>>

It had the function keys along the top.  It was beige color, like
everything in those days, and had the standard layout, without
Microsoft keys--it antedated the special MS keys.

Does anybody know what the Scroll Lock key does?

--doug