Re: 83 key IBM model m XT keyboard with Debian?

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:40:18PM -0400, Doug wrote:
> On 06/17/2012 10:40 PM, Nick Lidakis wrote:
>
> A keyboard that holds a reasonable second place was called a "2000"--I don't
> know who made it, bet we had them at work, back in the 90s. They didn't make
> as much noise as the model M, but the touch was almost as good.

You're thinking of a Focus FK2000, I think.
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:5414

Also good: Northgate Omnis, of various flavors.

I buy Model Ms on sight at garage sales. Not many left these
days.  The Unicomp models from pckeyboard.com are very good -- I
wish they had steel plates in the bottom.

-dsr-

--
http://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.