Re: [OT] google.com

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:02:13 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 16:15 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> If Google says you are in Malaysia is that _you are_ there.
>
> http://www.affiliateprograms.com/blog/what-to-know-about-duckduckgo/
> (Didn't read the duckduckgo article completely myself.)
> http://scroogle.org/
> https://www.ixquick.com/

(...)

Yes, I already have those added in my bookmarks but Google search results
are by far more complete *in some cases* so I finally have to duplicate
the searches which is a pain and a waste of time :-(

>> http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en
>
> Take a look at Curt's link, you also can try http://www.google.com/ncr
> instead.

It takes me to www.google.com but it does not disable "autocomplete"
which I avoid with "&complete=0" so I need a rather longish URI to remove
Google's crap :-/

>> Sadly, you can only control Google settings _once_ you have login or by
>> keeping their cookies :-(
>
> Or by Firefox addons.

No add-on will be present in my Firefox if I can avoid it, they are
forbidden :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón