Re: [OT] google.com

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 09:06 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:
> Although I am a heavy Google user (except Google+), there is
> disappointment: although I live in Mexico and speak Spanish at home, I
> only Google search through that bookmark... and Google never catches on!
> How hard must it be to note "this user never searches in the language
> where we think the user lives"?

Such companies have another policy than a FLOSS community. AFAIK Windows
in Germany is only available in German language. For Google the
customers aren't the users ;), for Windows the customers are the users.
Anyway, the users are nothing, but beast for slaughter.

Btw. they collect that much data, that I suspect, that it's impossible
today, to use all the data. Facebook lost customers, because the data is
useless for the marketing of those customers.

I always wonder why exclusive, limited editions of exclusive
manufactures with a noble and small circle of selected customers, who
are more friends than customers, still need to collect private data. How
much less CO2 emission would we have, if all those websites would limit
their pathological data collecting by using one tracker instead of seven
and more trackers? Perhaps the EU could allow me to use bulbs with
tungsten filament again, since I need light. I can't use the crippled
light modern bulbs cause and it didn't save even one kWh for my flat.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghostery/
Blocking advertisings, customization off Google, suppressing scripts
etc.? I don't add tons of addons anymore, but
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/nuke-anything-enhanced/
If they flash, nuke'em all.

- Ralf