Re: [OT] google.com

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 16:15 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> If Google says you are in Malaysia is that _you are_ there.

http://www.affiliateprograms.com/blog/what-to-know-about-duckduckgo/
(Didn't read the duckduckgo article completely myself.)
http://scroogle.org/
https://www.ixquick.com/

In the past other search engines started nice and became evil later,
e.g. Clusty became Yippy. Most "nice" search engines only work in
English, if they provide e.g. German it happens that you'll get original
English sides, automatically translated into a mix of broken and faked
German (similar to Chaplin's The Great Dictator ... "Wiener Schnitzel
Sauerkraut"). I get best search results using google.de and google.com.

> http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en

Take a look at Curt's link, you also can try http://www.google.com/ncr
instead.

> Sadly, you can only control Google settings _once_ you have login or by
> keeping their cookies :-(

Or by Firefox addons.

- Ralf