Re: unique install question? (Squeeze audio install using the Wheezy-di from a USB drive)

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 15:22 -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:

>   Not that it matters now, it seems simplest to find a squeeze cd and hppe
> can combine installing from both the cd and the external dvd.
> Which brings up another question, if I have all of the dvd images, do not
> I have all of  the distribution?   why will I have to go on line for
> anything at all until I learn more and want to make changes?
> Karen
Once the base system is installed you can run apt-cdrom to add in the
index files of all your dvd disks to your /etc/apt/sources.list, from
then on, when you run apt-get install <program>, it will ask you to
insert one or more of your dvds.
If you have all the dvds, you have the complete distribution.
Only security updates will then need an internet connection.