Re: linux-vserver (or equvalent) in wheezy

On 08/06/12 08:58, Darren Baginski wrote:
07.06.2012, 23:45, "Adrian Fita"<adrian.fita@gmail.com>:

I think that would be Linux Containers (LXC): http://wiki.debian.org/LXC.

Looks promising. Is there any infrastructure around yet?
I mean init scripts for auto start , /etc/ files like the same for linux-vserver ?

Have a look at libvirt:

 Libvirt is a C toolkit to interact with the virtualization
 capabilities of recent versions of Linux (and other OSes).
 The library aims at providing a long term stable C API for
 different virtualization mechanisms. It currently supports
 QEMU, KVM, XEN, OpenVZ, LXC, and VirtualBox.

(from `aptitude show libvirt-bin`)

We use it with QEMU/KVM; I haven't tried it with LXC (I haven't tried LXC at all)

Richard