Re: Nvidia drivers problem Geforce 570

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Nathan D'elboux <nafe27@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I wanted to know has anyone had any issues getting nvidia drivers working
> for a Geforce 5xx series card under Debian 6 squeeze?
>
> I'm running a Geforce 570 running a Dell 27" IPS screen that has a res of
> 2560 x 1440, the res isn't displaying correctly, it has blurry lines over
> the text like its not doing any anti-aliasing.
>
> I followed http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers and everything
> seemed to go well as far as installing went. The problem protruded its ugly
> head when i attempted to tell xorg.conf to use the glx driver both by
> creating my own xorg or nvidia-xconfig.
>
> I realize there is a bug reported with nvidia-xconfig so i dont expect any
> help on that one. I'm not on the machine right now so cant give you an exact
> error from xorg.log or excerpt from my xorg.conf but that will come, will
> provide these later tonight.
>
> I just wanted to know if anyone has had success with closed source nvidia
> drivers in Debian 6 squeeze :)

i have my gtx 580 working "ok" with the nvidia linux driver. sadly it
throws an install error for every install since i ran the nvidia
driver. i dont have the machine in front of me right now to list the
specific error.

but the card itself is working well. i went with the nvidia driver
because the linux one at the time did no support the card.