Re: chroot or virtual machine

Hi,

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:33:21AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:15:26AM +0100, Chris Davies wrote:
> > Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> > > http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot.pdf

This is schroot(8) in PDF :-)

> Arguably, we should probably document the setup procedure.  While
> we describe all the configuration options, we don't detail how to
> set up the actual chroot--it's assumed it already exists, though
> we should probably include examples of how to create them.

I think you have enough information already.  They are just a bit
convoluted, though.

In schroot(8), you have sbuild(8) as SEE ALSO.

Then, in sbuild(8), you have sbuild-setup(7) and sbuild-createchroot(8)
as SEE ALSO.

There are enough information in sbuild-setup(7) and
sbuild-createchroot(8) needed for making chroot.

I wish a bit more direct and obvious connection from  schroot(8) to
the content of sbuild-setup(7).

In some way, sbuild-setup(7) could be renamed as schroot-setup(7) and
moved into schroot package, etc. There may be additional reorganization
needed along with this change.  Then everything is quite tidy and nice.

Regards,

Osamu