Re: chroot or virtual machine

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:15:26AM +0100, Chris Davies wrote:
> Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> > http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot.pdf
>
> However, what I cannot see is what configuration I need to do to make
> it work. I've uncommented (and tweaked slightly) what looks like the
> most basic configuration in /etc/schroot/schroot.conf:
>
>     [test]
>     description=Testing chroot
>     directory=/home/chroot/test
>     users=chris
>     groups=staff
>     root-groups=staff
>     aliases=default
>
> What else do I need to do? I assumed I needed to create /home/chroot/test,
> so I did that. But now what?

I think you probably need to actually create the chroot under
/home/chroot/test with e.g. debootstrap.
I would suggest adding "type=directory" to the above as well.

Arguably, we should probably document the setup procedure.  While
we describe all the configuration options, we don't detail how to
set up the actual chroot--it's assumed it already exists, though
we should probably include examples of how to create them.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh