Spam filter -please !

Hi
tor, 17 05 2012 kl. 10:54 +0100, skrev Darac Marjal:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:45:25AM +0200, Tom Rausner wrote:
> >    Hi Administrators of this list
>
> Actually, you've reached the users of the list. As mentioned at
> http://lists.debian.org, the maintainers are contactable at
> listarchives@debian.org.

I'm completely new to this list, actually this is my first attempt to
contact it. In other words; I don't know even the first thing about how
things are like they are (or even how they are) I just wanted to do
something about a problem I noticed... I did the best I could.

> One message gets through and you think the spam filter's not doing t's
> job? Have you considered how many spams WERE blocked? (For the record,
> I don't know what the spam filter statistics are like, but I suspect >
> that > for each false-negative, there are many more true-positives).

I know they catch about 40,000 spams a day, but that's not the issue. I
was just surprised to see this HTML-monster getting through.

> No, you didn't have to. You could have:

Yes I did. I wanted you to see how it looked like, uncut. But might not
have been the most bright idea of the century, I'll give you that.

>  * Converted it to plain text
>  * Redacted much of it, to remove those SEO-helping links (I have done
>    these two things).
>  * Referenced it by Message-ID
>  * Or simply ignored it.

As I told you earlier, I don't know how the list works. Ignoring I
didn't want to.

> Next time, please follow the instructions at
> http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#maintenance

I will, 'cause now I know where to look....

--
Regards
Tom Rausner