Re: Spam filter -please !

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:45:25AM +0200, Tom Rausner wrote:
>    Hi Administrators of this list

Actually, you've reached the users of the list. As mentioned at
http://lists.debian.org, the maintainers are contactable at
listarchives@debian.org.

>    Don't you think this list needs a spam filter upgrade ?

One message gets through and you think the spam filter's not doing it's
job? Have you considered how many spams WERE blocked? (For the record, I
don't know what the spam filter statistics are like, but I suspect that
for each false-negative, there are many more true-positives).

>    Look what the pig draged in (I had to send it as HTML 'cause the spam was
>    HTML);

No, you didn't have to. You could have:

 * Converted it to plain text
 * Redacted much of it, to remove those SEO-helping links (I have done
   these two things).
 * Referenced it by Message-ID
 * Or simply ignored it.

Next time, please follow the instructions at
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#maintenance